Murphy beds are amazing space-saving devices, but when you live in a small apartment or house, it can be hard to find room to put one, let alone the money to buy one! Fortunately, there are several other great space-saving ideas out there that don’t require you to break the bank or sacrifice comfort and style. In this article, we’ll go over some of the best ways to save space with murphy bed in your home without needing to invest in specialty furniture pieces.
5 Ways To Make A Room Look Larger
- When you have limited space in your home, it’s important to make the most of every square inch. One way to do this is by using furniture that can serve multiple purposes. A great example of this is a Murphy bed. By day, it can be used as a couch or seating area, and by night, it folds down into a comfortable bed.
- Another way to make a room look larger is by using mirrors. Mirrors reflect light and make a room feel brighter and more open. They can also be used to create the illusion of more space.
- Another trick is to use light colors when painting or decorating your home. Light colors will give off an airy feeling, while dark colors will close in the space.
- Place high ceilings and wide windows where they are visible from outside to create an open and inviting atmosphere.
- Decorate with items that add height and width such as large art pieces on walls or furnishings with sleek lines so they visually extend outwards.
8 Great Space Saving Tips
- If you have a spare room that you don’t use very often, consider installing a murphy bed. This way, you can have a guest room when you need it, but the rest of the time the room can be used for something else.
- Another great way to save space is to invest in some multifunctional furniture. For example, a coffee table that doubles as a storage ottoman can be really helpful in a small living room.
- Get rid of any clutter in your home. This will make your space feel bigger and more organized.
- Use vertical storage solutions whenever possible. This could mean hanging shelves on the wall or using stacking bins for things like shoes and clothes. You’ll end up with more storage and less clutter.
- Keep an eye out for pieces of furniture that could double as another piece of furniture. An armchair with ottoman attached would work well in a sitting area. A bench can also serve multiple purposes – such as seating at the dining table or by the front door.
- Add light colors to walls and floors if you’re trying to make your space look larger than it actually is. Lighter shades reflect light better and help create the illusion of additional space. Darker colors absorb light, making spaces seem smaller.
- Put your desk against a wall instead of in the middle of the room so that there’s one less thing taking up floor space
- And finally, take care not to overcrowd surfaces with unnecessary items; this too will help give off the impression that there’s more floor space available.
6 Outstanding Murphy Bed Hacks
- Don’t have enough room for a guest bedroom AND an office? No problem! A murphy bed can easily be transformed into a stylish home office during the day. Simply fold it up when you’re done working and voila – instant guest bedroom!
- Not enough storage in your bedroom? A murphy bed can come with built-in storage, making the most of every square inch in your home.
- Love entertaining but don’t have enough space for a formal dining room? A murphy bed can be turned into a chic dining room when you need it, then quickly folded away when you’re ready to entertain guests in your living room or den.
- Outdated kitchen not looking so fresh? Why not make it look new again by installing a murphy bed that matches your kitchen decor! Just be sure to paint the sides of the unit before installation so they blend seamlessly with your cabinets.
- Worried about running out of space for all those toys as your kids grow up? Convert any unused bedroom into a playroom, perfect for hosting sleepovers without having to worry about whether or not there’s going to be enough floor space for everyone! You’ll never have to buy them another toy again either because all their favorite toys will always be close at hand!
- Longing for more closet space but short on cash?
4 Ways To Turn Any Closet Into A Walk-In Closet
- Start by decluttering your closet. Take everything out and sort it into three piles: keep, donate, and trash.
- Now that you have an empty canvas, it’s time to get creative! Add some hooks to the back of your door for hanging items, or install shelves along the walls.
- If you’re really short on space, consider investing in a murphy bed. These beds can be easily folded up into the wall when not in use, freeing up valuable floor space.
- Finally, make sure to keep your closet organized by labeling everything clearly and storing items in bins or baskets. By following these simple steps, you can turn any cramped closet into a spacious walk-in closet!
Easy DIYs For A Potting Bench/Drying Rack Combo
If you have a green thumb, then you know that having a potting bench is essential for any gardener. But what if you don’t have the space for a separate potting bench and drying rack? No problem! Just combine the two with this easy DIY.
All you need is an old bookshelf or cabinet. Remove the doors and shelves, and voila! You’ve got yourself the perfect potting bench/drying rack combo.
Brilliant Doormat Solution
You know that tiny room off the kitchen that never gets used? The one that’s too small for a table and chairs, but just big enough for a Murphy bed? Transform it into a mudroom with this brilliant doormat solution. All you need is a doormat that’s big enough to cover the entire opening of the door, plus a few hooks on the wall. Voila! You’ve got yourself a mudroom that can double as a guest bedroom.