Expansion of Interview Waiver Eligibility for U.S. Visa Holders from Pakistan￼
ISLAMABAD, July 1, 2022 – The US VISA ELIGIBILITY Mission in Pakistan is pleased to announce the expansion of interview waiver eligibility at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad and the U.S. Consulate General in Karachi for Pakistani citizens who are renewing B1/B2 tourist and business visas. Pakistani citizens of ages 45 and older and whose B1/B2 visas are valid or have expired within the last 48 months are eligible to participate.
This is a procedural change to provide better customer service and more efficiently process renewals of tourist and business visas for qualified and eligible Pakistani citizens. As required by U.S. law, some eligible visa holders may be required to appear at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate General for interviews after submission of their applications.
Applicants may visit our website at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-niv-visarenew.asp to determine if they are eligible for an interview waiver.
For further details and answers to other questions, please visit: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-gen-faq.asp.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR USA B2 VISITOR VISA
The documentation required for the B2 visa includes:
Proof of funds
Letters supporting your reason of visiting the US
Adequate insurance coverage
Details of who you are staying with and where
Evidence that you will return to your home country
Insurance and other supporting documents
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE B-2 VISA
- Submit the Form DS-160
- Pay the visa fees
- Schedule the tourist visa interview at the US embassy or consulate
- Complete the B-2 visa document file
- Attend the visa interview
If you have applied for the US tourist visa, you will be required to attend a visa interview where you will be asked questions about the purpose of your trip and your travel plans.
Preparing for the visa interview
- Schedule an appointment for your APPLY US VISA ONLINE interview in the country where you reside: While your interview may be scheduled at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate, it may be more difficult to obtain a visa outside the country where you live permanently.) Search for your country of residence at USEmbassy.gov to find the nearest embassy or consulate — and its contact details.
- Check on the wait time: Understand that wait times differ according to the venue, visa category and even season, which is why applying early is crucial.
- Pay the visa application fee which is non-refundable
- Gather the required documents: These include:
Passport valid 6 months after your scheduled departure from the US
Type DS-160 confirmation page for non-immigrant visa application
Receipt of Transaction Fee
One printed photo that satisfies visitor visa requirements
Prepare for the interview by rehearsing answers for frequently asked questions
Visa interviews are generally required of travelers between the ages of 14-79, Typically, interviews are not required of applicants 13 years of age and younger or 80 years of age and older—through consular officers can choose to interview any visa applicant, regardless of age.
Read More: Turkey Visa for Mexican Citizens