Indian e-Visa Eligibility
- Portuguese citizens can apply for an eVisa India
- Portugal was a launch member of the India e-Visa program
- Portuguese citizens enjoy fast entry using the India e-Visa program
Other e-Visa Requirements
- Portuguese citizens can apply for online for India e-Visa
- India e-Visa is valid at designated aiports and seaports only
- Tourist e-Visa for India is available for 1 month, 1 year or 5 years
- Business e-Visa for India is valid for 12 months
- Medical e-Visa for India can also be applied online
Process for Portuguese Citizens to complete the Indian e-Visa Application
The Indian Visa for Portuguese Citizens (passport holder) is available in electronic application form since 2014. This is online Indian Visa Application Process which doesn’t need any paper based formalities to be completed by the Portuguese residents. This process is accessible on this website as officially supported by the Government of India under the eVisa India regime.
India e-Visa is official document permitting entry into and travel within India to Portuguese residents residents and citizens for the reasons for tourism, the travel industry, clinical visits, conferences, yoga, courses, workshops, deal and exchange, humanitarian effort and other business adventures on this new system of Indian e-Visa.
Indian Visa from Portugal can be procured online and applicants can pay using Euro or any of the 135 currencies including Debit/Credit/Paypal.
Indian Visa for Portuguese Citizens can be acquired in simple and easy manner. The process is as simple as filling an online form in few minutes, easy to complete payment method to finish Indian Online Visa Application form.
After your Indian Visa Application is submitted, if our staff requires additional proof like your passport copy or face photograph we will request you. You may do so in response to our email or upload it at a future date. Our Indian Visa Help Desk can assist you in 47 languages. You can send us your information online or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Government of India now allows eVisa India to be filled for Portuguese Citizens for visits up to 90 days for multiple entries in India.
1. Apply Indian Visa
2. Receive e-Visa by email
3. Enter India
Is there a requirement for Portuguese Citizens to visit Indian Embassy at any stage?
When Indian Visa from Portugal is applied online there is no requirement at any stage to visit Indian Embassy or Indian Consulate. Once the eVisa for India is received by email, you can go to the Airport.
You do not have to visit Indian Embassy for any confirmation or stamp on the passport. There is no need to see Indian Embassy.
Indian Visa Online is recorded in the central computer system of the Government of India, the Immigration Officers can access this information from any Airport of the world. Your name and passport number and Portuguese Nationality is recorded in the computer system.
Portuguese citizens are required to either keep a soft copy of email received on Phone/Computer/Tablet or printed copy and carry the eVisa to the airport. There is no stamp requirement on the passport for Portuguese citizens for the electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) that is sent in an email.
Are Portuguese citizens required to courier passport/photograph/documents to Indian Embassy?
No, you do not need courier any required or supporting document to obtain Indian Visa for Netherlands Citizens. Portuguese Citizens can either send the evidence documents either by email in response to a query by Immigration Officer or Government of India requirement regarding your Indian Visa Application or upload documents on this website in case required to support your India Visa Application. The link to upload documents required for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) will be sent to the applicant’s email address provided at the time of filing Indian Visa Online. Portuguese Citizens can also email directly to India e-Visa Help Desk.
What help and support can Portuguese Citizens get for filing the Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa)?
1 of the big advantages of applying Indian Visa Online from this website for the Government of India official immigration Visa is that Portuguese Citizens can provide us with the supporting documents for your Indian Visa Application either by email or upload on the portal. Additionally, you can email our friendly Indian Visa Customer Support staff in any file format like JPG, TIF, PNG, JPEG, AI, SVG and many more saving you the time and hassle of file conversion or compression of files. This is ideal for customers who are not technically savvy because physical visit to Indian Embassy can result in rejection of the Indian Visa Application because of blurry bad photograph or passport scan copy.
In case the Immigration Officers from the Government of India require additional documents to support Portuguese Citizens trip to India, then you can click on this link as to what are the Indian Visa Documents Requirements. You can read about requirements for essential documents here – Indian Visa Photograph Requirements and Indian Visa Passport Requirements. You can take a photo of your passport page and of your own face by your mobile phone or a camera and email Indian Visa Customer Support or upload on this website.
Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on Portuguese passport?
Indian Visa from Portugal can be applied for business visits as well as tourist and medical visit under the Indian Government policy of eVisa India (India Visa Online). Business journey to India by Portuguese Citizens can be for any of the several reasons as described in detail in Business e-Visa for India.
How long does approval of Portuguese application take?
In the business as usual circumstances, Portuguese Citizens who have completed the Indian Visa Application Form Online and followed the instructions correctly and mentioned their first name, surname, date of birth without a mismatch and have also provided any additional supporting application documents like Portuguese Passport scan copy and Face photograph or a Visiting Card in case of the Indian Business Visa or a letter from the hospital in case of Medical e-Visa for India can get the decision on the Indian Visa Application in 3-4 business days. In other cases, however, it could take up to 7 business days depending on the correctness of the data in the Indian Visa Application or public holidays scheduled in India at the time of application or the busy holiday season.
What facilities can be enjoyed with regards to the Indian e-Visa by the Portuguese Citizens?
The advantages of the Indian Visa Online received electronically (eVisa India) are as follows:
- Depending on the type of Visa applied for Portuguese Citizens are eligible to obtain an India Visa Online for up to 5 years in Validity.
- Indian Visa for Portuguese Citizens can be used to enter India multiple times
- Portuguese Citizens can utilize eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) for 180 day continuous and uninterrupted entry into India (this is especially for handful of nationalities like Portuguese and US citizens, for other nationalities maximum duration of continuous stay in India is limited to 90 days).
- India Visa Online is valid on 28 airports and 5 seaports for rather than land based immigration checkpoints for road travellers.
- This India Visa Online permits passage in all States and Union Territories of India.
- Indian Visa Online can be used for Tourism, Medical and Business Visits by the Portuguese Citizens
What are the limitations with regards to the Indian e-Visa for Portuguese Citizens?
There are a few limitations of Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) which are: Portuguese Citizens cannot pursue journalism, film making, university degree in India or long term paid work on eVisa India (India Visa Online). Additionally, India Visa Online (eVisa India) does not provide the privilege of visiting military or cantonment areas – separate permission is required from the Government of India to visit these protected sites.
What should be Portuguese Citizens be aware of if coming to Indian on e-Visa?
The guidance provided on this website for the Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) is sufficient for Portuguese citizens, however the additional guidance and tips will be helpful to avoid the embarrassment of rejection or being refused entry into India. Indian Business Visa and Business Visitor arriving on Indian Business Visa have helpful guidance to prepare you for a successful outcome for your business visit to India.
Try not to Overstay:
You should know that you have to respect the laws of the nation and dodge over remaining. There is a fine of 300 dollars in India for exceeding as long as 90 days. Also, as much as 500 dollars fine for over staying to 2 years. Indian Government can likewise make legitimate move to impose penalty.
You may likewise impact your reputation for future travel and make it difficult to obtain visa for different nations by over extending your stay in India.
Take printout of Indian Visa sent by Email:
While it isn’t a necessity to have a paper duplicate of the eVisa (India Visa Online) for Portuguese Citizens, it is more secure to do so on the grounds that your mobile phone which has the email confirmation might be harmed or battery might be depleted and you will be unable to give the proof of having gotten electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India). Paper printout goes about as an auxiliary verification.
Ensure Travel Document has 2 blank pages:
Government of India never approaches Portuguese Citizens for the visa stamp on your physical passport and ever just requests scan copy of biodata page of the passport during the eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) application process so we don’t know about the number of clear pages in your passport. You have to have 2 empty or blank pages so the immigration officials of the Indian Immigration Department can append section stamp and leave stamp on your identification at the airport.
Legitimacy of a half year for visa:
Your identification travel document which in most cases is an ordinary passport must be legitimate for a half year on the date of application of Indian Visa Application.
Please describe the application process for Indian Visa for Portuguese Citizens?
There are several types of Indian Visa, depending on the citizenship of the visitor. Portuguese Citizens need to complete the following simple steps to acquire Indian Visa:
- Step 1: Fill out the easy and straightforward Indian Visa Application Form, (Estimated time to complete is 3 minutes for most applicants).
- Step 2: Pay in 1 of 137 currencies using many different convenient online payment methods.
- Step 3: Provide additional information, if requested by Government of India, we will email you if any further details are requested from you.
- Step 4: Get an approved electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) by email.
- Step 5: You can go to any Portuguese or foreign airport.
- You do not have to visit Indian Embassy during this process.
- You do not require a stamp on your passport.
- Indian electronic Visa is recorded in the computer system that Immigration Officers can access from any airport in the world.
- You should wait for our email before departing to the airport until we have emailed you an approved electronic Visa for India (eVisa India).
What can Portuguese citizens do after getting an approved Indian Visa Online by email (eVisa India)?
If the electronic Visa for India (eVisa India) is approved by the Immigration Officers from the Government of India office, then it will be notified to you by secure email. You will find a PDF attachment which you can carry to the airport, alternatively you can take a paper printout of the email electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India).
You can go to the airport either in the Portugal or any offshore airport and visit India. At no stage do you need a stamp on your passport for Visa nor is there a need to visit the Indian Embassy or Indian consulate.
What does an e-Visa For India look like for the citizens of Portugal?
Is Indian Visa for Portuguese citizens needed if coming by cruise ship?
Electronic India Visa is required if coming by a cruise ship. As of today, however, the eVisa India is valid on the following sea ports if arriving by cruise ship:
11 Things To Do and Places of Interest for Portuguese Citizens
- Shalimar Bagh, Jammu and Kashmir
- Silent Valley National Park, Palakkad
- Chittorgarh Fort, Chittaur
- Locally Made Food,Chikmagalur
- Kodagu Cycling Trails, Madikeri
- Mountain Hike, Chikmagalur
- Rainy Season Waterfalls Coorg
- Birdwatching Walk Madikeri
- Gawking at the Qutab Minar
- Experience a different culture at Jama Masjid
- Take a rickshaw tour of Chandni Chowk